Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 2 of 40...

Well, it is day 2 of 40. How did your search for lost souls go today? I must confess I didn't strike up a conversation with anyone I saw at the mall. Sad part is I didn't really think of it until I got home, I was too involved in spending time with my daughters. 

That is a sad commentary on my part. I know Jesus said we are to love him more than anything else in the world, but alas we are frail in our human condition and fall short of that all too often. May we, I, be more conscience of those around us as we go about our day.

Brandon Heath says it best in his song, "Give Me Your Eyes "
Oh, that we would take this song to heart.
 

1 comment:

  1. The road we walk as Christians is not an easy one. There are always bumps and sidetracks that get in the way, but in the end it is our own hearts and conscious that determine right from wrong. As Jesus said in his parable in Luke 18 10-14.

    Luke 18:10:  Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    11:  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12  I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    13:  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    14:  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

    Therefore I say, it's better to admit our wrongs to Jesus and ask for help and power to be uplifted and be stronger. There was but one man that walked the Earth without sins, and that was Jesus. But even he had to endure the pain and suffering we all face every day, and even he prayed for strength and power to fulfill the path that he has chosen for our sins.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.